Tuesday, May 01, 2012

day 122 - out with the old

I have been in a purging mood lately. I have cleaned and emptied closets, drawers, cupboards, and rooms. I somehow still have a lot more to do and keep finding more things to donate or repurpose. How is it that we have so much stuff?!
Today I made the decision to get rid of all the kids old plastic dishes. These are the dishes we used for every meal for years and years. Goodbye sponge bob, strawberry shortcake and bob the builder you have served us well!!! I never thought there would be a time when these items would no longer be useful to us - how fast time goes by and how quickly they grow.

Fortunately, even with this realization I can still take joy in the fact that my kids, although not toddlers, are still young and need me and their dad. I was reminded of that just this evening as Luke took my hand and held it as we walked from the car into the restaurant and when Lilly asked Dave to carry her. Time may be moving fast but I refuse to get too caught up in worrying about how fast life is passing by and instead celebrate the time I have with them today!

No comments: