Tuesday, April 10, 2012

day 101 - trash or treasure?

this afternoon i went for a walk. on my way down our street i noticed one of our neighbors had a pile of trash at the end of their driveway ready to be picked up tomorrow. THEN i saw this......
i couldn't believe my eyes.  i stood for a moment thinking, "how cool is this retro piece of technology sitting in a trash heap!".  i quickly called dave who was home and told him to meet me down the street with the van.  (i was actually to afraid to leave the site of the trash pile in fear of someone else coming upon it.)  as soon as he pulled in he gave me a thumbs up and repeated my earlier statement, "cool".

i already have a few ideas brewing in my head about what i could possibly do with my new found treasure but i thought it would be fun to hear if anyone else had any great thoughts......!!!

4 comments:

Jen Zerby said...

Fishbowl. For sure.

Brooke and Dan said...

I saw one turned into a dog bed... You don't have a dog that I know of so it wont work! But it's a cute thought!

Christine said...

I second the fishbowl. It would be cool to fit s flat screen in though!

Unknown said...

Book shelf or crafting corner or tv stand...Let me know how it goes, i have one in my garage that i have been waiting for the inspiration, motivation to upcycle.