Friday, March 11, 2011

blowing it

i blew it today. no, i didn't stink out my house. i blew it with my husband. the person whom i want everyday to know that i love deeper today than yesterday. the person i share children with. the person i treasure above all others on earth. and still i blow it.... BIG....at times. what is it in us that makes us more aware of ourselves, our needs, insecurities, wants, desires, etc. that allows us to "fail" so miserably with the ones we love the most. the worst part about today is that i somehow feel justified in my actions and emotions. i find myself thinking things like, "didn't he hear me when i said..." or "he did this more for him than for me". marriage is hard, and i am reminded of that today. i am reminded of the fact that i will probably cry as much as i laugh. that i will feel anger for as much as i feel joy. that my kids will hate and love me all at the same time now and as they grow older. that dave will fail me as many times as i fail him. that life is hard.

hmmmm....i'm obviously having quite a day. anyone else out there ever feel like this?

1 comment:

BT Laurie said...

Count me in on feeling this way at times!